Saturday 30 June 2007

One Track Album

Shall I put this one up on eBay ? To be honest, it isn't the greatest. The title of the cd is Before The Dream Faded by the Misunderstood. It was never a "proper" album, this is just a cobbled together selection of what the record label calls rarities, obscurities and never before released tracks. I bought it because of one track that had been engrained in my memory since my youth, I Can Take You To The Sun. This track was championed by the disc jockey John Peel in his early days and he tried at that time to help the band get their career off the ground. It never happened for whatever reasons, shambolic organisation, shambolic personal lives. But that track was emblematic of the late sixties hippy dream and I was hoping the rest of the album might have a couple more like it. Sadly, all we get on the rest of it is a fairly blatant Yardbirds rip off. Steel guitarist Glenn Ross Campbell went on to some kind of success in the British based band Juicy Lucy but really this is a tale of what might have been.

No comments: